Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas with the McGuinness family

This year Connor and I are spending Christmas with his family here in Musselburgh. It's very strange being away from my family at a time like this, even though Christmas isn't that big of a deal in my family. Not only that it's, the 24th and I have to wait an extra day to open my presents! What kind of vicious sadistic country even is this! Hmpf.
I'm really struggling to get that christmas feeling. It's not really shocking, I almost always find christmas to be an anticlimax when it finally arrives. Maybe I'd feel more "Christmasy" if there was actually snow and not rain outside. Connor's mum (aka the Christmas Nazi) is doing a fantastic job around the house though. We have not only one:
Not only two:
But three Christmas trees:
So it's definitely not for the lack of trying that I'm not feeling the holiday spirit. Maybe it will appear tomorrow when the British celebrate it. I am definitely looking forward to that!
God Jul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'