Monday, February 6, 2012

Orthopaedics

Again it feels like ages since I've written anything on here. Well, this time I kind of have an excuse. 3 12.5 hour shifts in a row. Don't have an excuse for not writing anything before that apart from severe laziness. I was chilling at Connor's flat in Edinburgh until the Wednesday before reality slapped me hard in the face and made me get out of bed and do some work. I dragged myself all the way back to Stirling and cleaned my room. We're not just talking about the simple picking up a jumper or two from the floor. This was the real deal. I was hoovering, doing the laundry, dusting, organizing and even ironing! When I finally was done it was bedtime. I've been going to bed at about 9o'clock everyday that I've been working. I was forced to throw my 10o'clock policy out the window to get enough sleep. Getting up at 4:45 is really draining. I'm not complaining though (ok, maybe a little), my placement is a lot of fun and I really feel that I've learned a lot in the few days I've been there. It's all on again tomorrow with another 12.5 hour shift then I'm off until Friday again. Because of the way I worked I could not go down to Edinburgh this weekend and man it's been rough. I'm so used to going that when I had to stay here in halls I felt like everything was wrong and I had no track of what day it was at all. I'll tell you more about placement another time. Today I took the bus uptown and did some serious shopping. I dropped by my favourite stores in the Thistle centre before walking along the riverside and ending up in Tesco where I bought far to much food for this week. I had to drag all those bags onto the bus and home where Charissa met me with a big hug. She had had a long day so let her have a nap on my bed while I was cooking for the both of us. Now it's shower time before a long day at work tomorrow!
 Ready for my first day of placement at ward B23 (orthopaedics) early in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'