Monday, October 15, 2012

Placement 4

I'm just back in Stirling after a long weekend in Musselburgh. It was weird taking the half past seven train back again. When I stepped of the train I almost went on and got the bus to Uni. Time has passed so quickly since our first placement that I sometimes forget that I live in Bayne Street now and not in AKD. I am glad Bayne Street is more quiet than AKD, because placement was hell when I was forced to listen to the rest of the block party all night and go to bed when I was getting up. The life in Murray Hall was tiring as well. It was quiet but it did not feel like home and I really found it hard to sleep there. All I wanted to do was to be in Edinburgh with Connor. All my friends had moved into their flats then in the center of town and I felt a bit lonely up at campus. My 3rd placement wasn't all that great either, so that might have contributed to it. Whenever I go on placement I turn into a zombie that hates humans that are privileged enough to do things like sleep or eat proper food. 3 weeks dealing with women in labour and newborn babies can't possibly change that. I wish I got the enthusiasm from my first placement back. This time all I want is to get it over and done with. Hopefully I'll be filled with energy and all that tomorrow morning at 6:30! I am happy to get a maternity placement, but I wish it came with a bed and not much work at all. Oh well, I knew what I signed up for so here it goes. I'll try and post a wee blogpost tomorrow after placement and let yous know how things went. I'm writing this from under my covers and I am about to fall asleep. Right now I need to go to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'