Monday, April 22, 2013

Amazing times!

This weekend has been a truly amazing weekend. It all kicked off with spending the whole of Saturday viewing flats with Connor up here in Stirling. The first flat we viewed was a decent size, but slightly old looking flat very close to where I am living at the moment. The couple who owned it were lovely and the flat had a stunning view. I guess a lot of my love for the flat was simply because of the fact that it was the first flat we had ever seen together. I think a huge part of it was the excitement that comes along with the thought of moving in with each other. The second flat we went to see was huge in comparison to the first one. However, it was dirty, dark and obviously moldy in the toilet. The person who had lived there before us had also at some point punched or kicked a whole in the wall. The flat had a study room. This was the flat that I was sure I wanted before we went to see it. I just don't see how the letting agency is expecting to let it out to anybody when they haven't even bothered hoovering the carpet. For the third flat we went to see we showed up at the letting agency's (Homes for U) office and got walked over by a lovely lady called Marie. The flat was on the top floor of a well looked after building. It makes a nice first impression not to smell cat piss the moment you open the door that leads to the stairs. It's on the third floor (fjerde etasje er det vi hadde sagt i norge) and when we finally made it to the top I needed a moment to catch my breath. Stairs is truly my worst enemy. The flat itself was bright, open and just beautiful. I am not too keen on the green sofas, but again that is just a minor detail that can be over looked. The flat was clean and had a nice big size bedroom and a walk in closet in the hall. My words can not explain how much I loved this flat. Which is also why we ended up taking it. The last flat we saw we saw just in case it would blow our minds and knock the third flat into the ground, but it didn't, because it couldn't.
On Sunday Connor and I spent most of the day watching TV series, eating and napping. About 5 pm we got in the car with Stephanie and drove to Edinburgh. Stephanie has just started working in The George Hotel in Edinburgh and as a part of her job it is required that she does a guest experience. Which means she needed to spend one night in the hotel, dinner and breakfast included for free AND she could bring a friend. Sounds like the best place to work ever if you ask me! Once we had said goodbye to Connor we checked into the hotel, got ready, went down to the bar and collected out (free) glass of champagne and then went to the restaurant and had our lovely meal. I had a smoked salmon for starters and huge steak for my main course which of course was beautiful and we shared a bottle of wine. It was lovely just sitting chatting away at dinner. It is lovely just being two friends out for a meal having time to listen to each others life stories and not feeling rushed in any way. We also somehow managed to squeeze some room for ice cream at the end of our meal. Once we got up to the hotel room I had a shower and some more wine (oops) before we got ready and hit the town. We ended up in the Opal Lounge where we had an amazing night. The club was right next to our hotel so we didn't have to get a taxi or freeze our asses off walking home. My alarm was set for 9am so we could go down stairs, eat breakfast and phone the letting agency. I phoned the letting agency just in time to get first refusal on the flat and BOOM Connor and I are moving in on the 1st of June <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'