Monday, June 4, 2012

Murray Hall

On Saturday I moved over to Murray Hall. It is about 50 meters down the street from where I used to live in AKD. My room in Murray Hall is slightly different from my old room. My furniture here is different and I like it. I am also on the ground floor which means no stairs. Yaaaay. Connor came up to help me move and I am not sure how well things would have gone if I hadn’t gotten any help. When I moved back to Scotland in September I had two suitcases with me. They were two suitcases packed full, but still only two of them. This time I had five suitcases, one backpack, two black bags, one bag for my laptop, an ironing board and a clothes horse. I have no idea where all of this stuff came from or how I managed to fit it all into my tiny room to begin with. Well, I have still not unpacked it all because of placement and a massive essay that needs to be handed in tomorrow. Luckily I finished most of it yesterday and only have about 300 words or so left. The reason why I say luckily is because I had a chicken salad yesterday and I suspect that that was the cause for me vomiting a lot last night. I phoned my placement today and I cannot come in for 48 hours due to infection control. I understand that they do not want any of their clients to be sick but I am very much gutted that I'll miss their Jubilee buffet tomorrow. I had really been looking forward to that. Right now I wish I had lied on the phone and said I had migraine instead, but patient safety comes first. It’s just that I saw the muffins they made yesterday and I really want one. Let’s hope there will be some leftovers on Wednesday. Here is a photo of my hero/boyfriend that came to save me from chronic back pain after carrying all those bags by myself (even though he did need some convincing) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'