Thursday, June 28, 2012

NINo

I'm slowly turning more and more Scottish. I'm being told more often that I'm starting to get the accent and also their negative way of thinking. I've definitely gotten their pale skin due to the lack of sun over here. Today I'm going for an interview to get a National Insurance Number. I'm establishing roots here with a boyfriend, bank accounts, work and friends. It's scary, but also in some ways comforting. I've still not used my Bank of Scotland card once. Maybe it's time I should. No matter how long I say here for or if my surname ever changes I will always have my Norwegian name that nobody can pronounce or spell. When I got the letter from the National Insurance folks they spelt my name Ternille, even though I had to spell it to them 3 times over the phone and eventually has to go Portugal, Ecuador, Romania, Nigeria and on and on for them to actually get it. Apparently they didn’t. My toe is still sore but now I can actually walk on it without feeling like screaming out in pain. At least that’s an improvement.


I’m off to the Job centre in Stirling now so wish me luck =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'