Sunday, July 22, 2012

Like a true Norwegian

The last two days I have been showing my boyfriend what it means to be a true Norwegian/torturing him. On Friday we went for a walk in Nordmarka forest. We took the metro to Frognerseteren then walked to Tryvannstua, then to Ullevålseter then finally to Sognsvann and took the metro from there and home. It took us 3 hours and 45 minutes. I love walking in Nordmarka. It's so nice and my parents have dragged me along on their walks there my whole life. When we got home we took a shower and went to Stine and Christer's house for some drinks before going home and getting a few hours sleep so we'd be ready for the next day. 




Dad dragged us out of bed at 6:30 for a two and a half hour long drive to my aunt’s cabin close to Rjukan. When we got there Tobias, Connor and I took the boat out on the wee lake outside the cabin. Victoria and Ingrid were crazy enough to go for a little swim in the 15 degree water. It was quite an isolated cabin so it was really peaceful there. Once we rowed back we had breakfast and got in the car to the foot of Gaustatoppen Mountain. There we met a lovely sheep that I wanted to bring home but dad said no. Connor and I were the last ones to reach the top and were almost dead when we got there. It was quite embarrassing since my great aunt and her boyfriend who have hip and knee problems just raced past us. On the top we got some Cola and food that cured the worst of our pain before we had to go all the way down again. The view from the top is amazing and you can see 60 000 km2 from there. Once we had suffered our way down again we went back to my aunt cabin for some reindeer-stew. My aunt is a fabulous cook and it tasted lovely. She also had two awesome hammocks that I just became one with the moment I laid down on them. There were nine of us that went up to the top: Berit my great aunt and her boyfriend Sigmund; Tobias, Connor, dad and I; My aunt Anne and my cousin Victoria; and my dad’s cousin Ingrid. We got quite a tan on our faces and today it hurts whenever I wrinkle my nose since I’m a bit sunburned. The moment we came home we all had a shower and went straight to bed and slept like babies.








No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'