Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sunshine

On Monday it was time for Connor to go home to Scotland. However, before I was ready to put him on the plane we went to Drammen and met my grandparents. They are doing construction work on the train lines so we had to get the bus-for-train bus to Skøyen and a train from there, so we were an hour late when we finally arrived at my gran's flat. My gran was in a great mood and she looked fantastic. She gave us a glass of cola each, like my gran always does and we sat and had a chat for a while. My gran gave him her Gran's seal of approval, before we went to a Chinese restaurant where my grandfather was waiting for us. I had a lovely time with my grandfather never stopping to talk like always and a lovely meal. My grandfathers English was flawless, not that I should have expected anything else. Mum and dad picked us up at 5 to drive us to Torp and send Connor home. 

Tor Egil and Silje stayed until Wednesday and after they left I went for a walk in the forest from Sinsen to Grefsenkollen to Linderudkollen and back again. 


On Thursday I met up with Stine at Aker Brygge and had lots of brain coolers and Ice cream. After several hours of bitching and baking in the sun we went home where I went straight into one of the beds on the veranda to sunbathe some more. I really should not have done that because oh damn I got sunburned. My parents can be quite cruel and kept on bullying me for being so pale. Being red instead did not help. 


 Luckily I just look really tanned on this one
I also got a lovely tan line after wearing my black sandals. Because I got so sunburned in the front I decided to only tan me back yesterday. That was a terrible idea. Now I'm just sunburned all over! While tanning, Sandra came over to my house for a few hours. It was great seeing her again and we were lying in the sun for a few hours before I went to Frognerparken to have a BBQ with Dharshika, Stine, Alisha, Aurora and Kaja. It was great to finally meet Alisha and a part of Aurora and Kaja's oxford life, especially since they have seen so much of my Scotland life. Alisha was lovely and really good at Norwegian (even though she mostly said the bad words, since Dharshika is a bad person). 

 My beautiful/retarded cousin and bestfriend

After the BBQ I went to Bohemen with Kaja for a pub quiz. Luckily we didn’t end up with the lowest score this time. We were the second last! Wohoo. I had a great time and after the quiz it was time to go home and watch the opening ceremony for the 2012 Olympics. The show was fabulous and I enjoyed every second. There must be some weirdoes that arrange it all though. "We’ll have the queen jump out of a helicopter with James Bond and Mr Bean take the piss out of this song and huge towers coming out of the ground and dancing nurses and a hundred Marry Poppins’!". The amazing thing is how it all just came together and worked! 6 out of 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'