Sunday, July 24, 2011

22.07.2011

I'm in shock. Oslo is in shock. Norway is in shock. My thoughts go out to those who lost their lives in the bombing in Oslo and in the shooting on Utøya and all their family and friends. It's unreal. The clips I see on TV does not look like Oslo, they do not look like my Norway. All my family is safe and I hope all my friends are as well. I'm still waiting on news from Bano that is still missing. We should remove the manifesto Anders B. Breivik has posted online because psychos like him could get some ideas. After I got a text asking if I was ok I turned on the TV. It was on every channel. Bomb in Oslo. My mom and I were in shock and it didn't take long before we got the news about the shooting at Utøya. I've been constantly refreshing the newspapers since the murders and what touched me the most was this clip and this blog post (in english). I’m touched by how strong Norway is and how we all stand together. I’m touched by all the international support we have gotten.
"In the middle of all the tragedy, I am proud to live in a country that has managed to stand up at a critical time" - Jens Stoltenberg

(There will not be any option to post comments on this blog post, because I do not want it to turn into a political discussion)