Saturday, September 17, 2011

Knocked out

I went down to Edinburgh on Wednesday because I had Thursday and Friday off. The city link was 40 minutes late, so I was not happy at all and after having to pay more than last time I was not pleased at all. After almost getting lost in Wester Hailes I got home to Connor’s new flat. It's not as shitty as I thought it would be. It's actually quite nice, but it still had a few things that need to be fixed. Like the fact that the windows don’t open. The best part of m stay there was when I made Connor cook, even though I took over after a little while and you can’t really call it cooking since its just pasta. After I got an allergy attack that decided to almost kill me I got a really bad cold. Yay. Luckily that didn’t hit me until later on the night so I felt just fine while going into Herriot Watt uni to have a look. The university is really big, if it wasn’t for the face that I walked after Dan and Connor I would have gotten lost. Really lost. 



We went to the Filling Station on Friday (it's my favorite restaurant in Edinburgh; you should all check it out). Despite his facial expression the food was really really nice. Connor's flat still doesn’t have internet, so we decided to go to his parent’s house right after the meal. During dinner I just started feeling worse and worse and yesterday just seem like a big blur filled with coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose while wanting to die. I’m feeling much better today, but still not good.  On Monday we will actually start learning useful things in university. So far what we have learned has been common sense like don’t beat up the patients and things like that. The lectures I’m looking most forward to is: Introduction to life sciences and the human body; Control systems of the body – overview of the central nervous system; Introduction to Cardiovascular System - Blood vessels & Heart; and Basic principles of pharmacology. On Thursday and Friday we have our occupational health appointments. I’m lucky enough to have mine on Thursday at 12:30, so I can escape to Edinburgh again for another long weekend.

Also: Aurora and Sabine are finally in the same country as me again, even though they are still very far away, it makes me happy to think about that I don't have to take a plane to see them

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'