Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just like Mary Poppins

To be honest it did actually feel like the wind was going to lift me off the ground Thursday morning. I cannot remember ever witnessing a wind that strong. The rain was pouring horizontally because of the wind and my umbrella did it’s best to keep me dry, but sometimes mother nature needs to show who’s the boss. Placements was a lot of fun. There were quite a few patients we could not go and see because of the wind and after one of the nurses car door almost blew off we went back to St. Ninians. At about 12 o’clock told to go home because the buses would get cancelled. After holding on to the bus shed for half an hour praying that it wouldn’t collapse a bus magically appeared and took me back to the university. I packed in a rush and tried to jump on a City Link to take e to Edinburgh, but after an hour of waiting I gave up on the bus project and tried to take a train. The website said that the UniLink wasn’t going to be running, but I’m quite happy that the bus drivers didn’t know that. At the bus station in Stirling I asked one of the employees if the City Link was running and they said that it was, but it was kind of stuck in traffic. That was because of a freaking lorry tipping over due to the wind. I didn’t leave Stirling until 4. I walked past a few trees that had been knocked over. I spent the whole day inside on Friday and I woke up today planning to go out and do some shopping, but I'm not going out in this weather. It's full of snow and my new and improved plan is to sit in front of the fire until I pass out or die

2 comments:

- keep on rockin'