Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My little christmas

This Christmas has been weird. It's been different from what I expected, but still very cosy and nice. This year’s "catch" has been good as well. To be honest giving away presents is way more fun than getting them. On the 24th is when Norwegians celebrate Christmas and also when we open the presents. On the morning on the 24th Silje and I got on the train with my cousin Torbjørn and his girlfriend Sara to my aunt’s house in Drammen. I had a lot of fun with our traditional rice porridge with an almond in it. Just like when we were kids everybody got an almond and a little gift. Silje and I got a massive bag with us filled with food and presents. It was quite a hassle dragging it on the train, but it was totally worth it. We got home and Silje started making Christmas dinner for when mum, dad and Tobias would come home from the Canary Islands. I stood next to her and tried my best to look good and not do anything. at about 9ish at night the rest of my wonderful family came home. They we're disgusting and tanned. I was almost not happy to see them again. After dinner we opened our presents. Silje didn’t have time to buy gifts for mum and dad so we added her name on my presents to them. How sneaky of us. 
On the 25th Silje decided to drag me out clubbing. We ended up on Blue Note with Patrick and my old boss Trond Erik. I had a lot of fun and too much to drink. 
I suffered through a family party the next day. Naah, I had a lot of fun and family is always nice to see, just not when all you want to lie in bed and die =)
Today I spent the day with Aurora before going home and realizing I’ve left my camera at her house and Sandra came over here for a sleepover.

No comments: