Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It is starting to feel like home

I have been slowly putting up all my stuff and making my room feel a lot more like MY room. My old room in Norway was tiny, but it was 100% mine. I am really looking for the same kind of feeling in this room. It's hard to put everything up, because it still feels very temporary. I've moved so much over the last year that I don't feel very settled. It's also the fact that I go to Edinburgh all the time and it really makes me wishing for just one place that is just mine and that I can come into and feel like it's my home. With a bit more effort I think I can get that feeling here in Bayne Street.
My old room in Norway
Home to me is a room filled with stuff. Not necessarily messy or unorganized, but it has to look like some one is living there. For me to have that feeling there must be a lot traces of their lives there. Like yous can see in the picture I have my walls filled with: pictures; souvenirs; jewelry; and I guess a lot of it can go in the category crap, but it's filled with memories and there is constantly something to be reminded of. It makes me quite sad that a lot of this is now packed away in my basement in Norway. I want it all here with me so I can reminded of all the wonderful things in my life. Then again I have gathered so many things in the year I've spent here that I probably wouldn't be able to fit it all.  One of the things that makes me sadder than the picture of my old room is the picture I took of my room the day I left

Yes I am totally having a very sentimental moment.
Well, like I said I am finally starting to build up that feeling here in Bayne Street. I'm not ready to show a picture of my whole room as it is still far from organized, but I will give you two of some details

This is me for now. As I said, I promise to add photos once everything is organized and looks good enough for photos to be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'