Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The crap category

In my last post I mentioned the "crap category". Most of my things probably do end up there. When I moved back to Scotland slightly over a year ago I had brought two suitcases with me. When I moved into Bayne Street on Saturday I had 4 large and two small suitcases, 4 bags and 3 handbags (and remember that this is not counting the huge pile of crap at Emily, Lesleyann and Melanie's flat). Lee drove Connor and I up to Stirling. The thing is that Lee's car is quite small and the Jeep is not starting. Jack was also coming with us since he and Lee were both going on to Fife to visit Connor's grandparents. This meant that there was a limited amount of space in the car. Some how we managed to squeeze it all in, but Bamse (my large teddy) had to sit on Jack's lap. I think pictures will illustrate my point better than words will

I could probably do without 2/3 of my stuff, but I'm not the kind of person to throw things out. I will be like "oh, I'll just bin this" and then my brain will go "STOP! What do you think you're doing, you might need that piece of stings in the future, what if the world all of a sudden runs out of strings and you'll be the only one left with some. You can not bin this. It's a matter of life and death". It's hard to have an argument with yourself like that, and I usually give in and keep it. As I am organizing my room now I keep on finding a lot of stuff that I tell myself that there was no reason to keep, but I still don't bin it. Oh brain, why do you have to make everything so complicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'