Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Exams coming up!


The last few weeks’ school has been filled up with a whole lot of nothing. We don't learn anything new and half the class doesn’t even bother to show up anymore. During and a few days after the Russetid people we're constantly hangover / sick. Still the teachers decided that: Hey! Let's force these poor kids that old wants to sleep and party to come into school and give them shit loads of homework. Bastards! Now however, when everybody has recovered and feels better, we do nothing. Only reason to show up is so that they won’t put you up as absent and you'll get even more days and hours away from school glued on to your diploma for the rest of your life. I miss Scotland. There we had like a month of study leave. Where we could relax and revise for our exams if we needed to. Somehow the Norwegian school system thinks it's a god idea to force the kids to stay in school to do nothing. At least we get one day off before each exam. So tomorrow I'm going to sleep and just chill I guess. My Norwegian written exam is on Thursday and after that I have a job interview! I did actually get a job on Monday as a substitute in lots of different nurseries around in Oslo. So whenever someone is sick, they will call me. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to work though. She told me that the summer is the time of the year where they don't really need many substitutes. So I need a job next to this one. The job interview I'm going to is for a small grocery shop and that's perfect! It's one of few shops that have the permission to keep the shop open on Sundays. Thank you, Norway for having such idiotic regulations. It's also open during Christmas and on every national holiday. Which is awesome for me because if everything goes by plan and I'll get accepted by a Scottish university, I'll need to work shitloads to save up money. I will get a student loan, but it's nice to be able to start your life without massive dept. Woah, totally sidetracked from what I was supposed to write about there. My exams are as following: Thursday the 26th of may I have written Norwegian; Tuesday the 31st of may I have a written English exam; Monday the 6th of June I have a written exam in Law; and my last exam will be on the 14th of June. I've still not been told in what subject, but we do know that it is a Oral exam. The day after the Oral exam we'll have our graduation meal (it's not like prom, just a fancy dinner) and the day after that again (that's the part I'm most excited about) I'll see my boyfriend Connor again! He's coming over to Oslo from Edinburgh with his friend James and they will stay at my house for 12 days. Iceland better not fuck it up with their stupid volcanic ash!
Since this was supposed to be about school and exams I might as well add a photo of my school; Berg videregående skole (or just Berg VGS)
Welcome to hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'