Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Man of the day

I have to say that I'm getting better and better at doing grown up stuff. Yesterday I walked down to the post office at Økern and sent loads of paperwork over to Scotland; then I took the tram over to Grønnland where I went to the police station to get a criminal record check (I need it for when I go to university); then I went to the pharmacy; then I walked home from there; and finally I called my doctor and got him to give me a year’s worth of prescriptions on my asthma and allergy meds for when I move. All of this was done in 26 degrees, high heels and in pain. I have to say; when I got home, I thought I was going to die. I was roasting and the heat was killing me. Out of all these things I did, going to the police station was the scariest. It's just something about walking up there that makes me feel guilty, even though I've done nothing wrong.

The "walk of shame" up to the police station
I'm so glad that I have good friends. Nora gave me a call and asked if I wanted to join her on being in the audience for a show called "Dagens Mann" (or in English man of the day). It’s a dating show with 30 girls and one man. The chairs was painful, the girls slutty, the men weird, the host a creep and the show not all that good. The audience was told to applause, laugh and go "aww" whenever appropriate, even though it's not funny. They had to do several takes of one clip, where the host stumbled in his words or forgot what to say. It was interesting to see just how fake those shows really are. But there was free redbull and loads of trash talking with Nora about the girls on the show. All in all I actually had a really great time. Mostly because of Nora and our amazing dancing skills when "all the single ladies" came on.





No comments:

Post a Comment

- keep on rockin'